Spruce Up Your Home Office
According to 360 ezine, a small workstation can work just as well as a larger one. Their space-saving tips include:
- Make maximum use of space with shelves, overheads and towers, nesting pedestals and tables.
- Going up? If your real estate is limited, make good use of vertical space with towers, overheads bins, shelves and hanging pencil cups, paper clip trays, etc.
- A side table extends your work area and helps keep your main work surface free of clutter.
- Two-for-one: A mobile pedestal can double as a visitor seat with the addition of a seat cushion.
- Use a lateral filing cabinet as opposed to a standard vertical cabinet. Lateral cabinets hold more files.
- Store older files and research away from your office space. Box, label and store the files in another room or closet.
- Only keep current projects on your desk. Use stackable file trays for easy access and to save space.
- Use a dry erase board to track assignments, i.e. what's due and what's finished. Customize it to fit your needs.
- If possible, store only the supplies needed in your office space. Store extra supplies in an accessible closet or under your bed
Photo by Malte Helmhold on Unsplash